Summer Stretch

I am a "want to be cowgirl," with two pairs of boots, but no horse. In fact, I have VERY little experience with horses.  The only time I rode on a horse was about ten years ago when I actually took a horseback riding class in college, which I didn't enjoy. I was terrified, not of my horse, but of my instructor! She was extra "rough around the edges" and yelled a lot. I am sure she was just being protective to keep everyone safe. I hate to admit this, but I actually skipped a few of her classes. This meant I didn't get much horse riding in. Since then, every time I see a horse, I think about how awesome it would have been if I grew up riding them! One of our school nurses is really into horses and even races and participates in different events at horse shows. For my summer stretch, I reached out and asked her to take me riding! What I learned from this experience is that horseback riding is definitely one of the tops things I enjoy to do! I thought I was going to be afraid to ride since it had been so long, but I didn't even have an ounce of fear in me. My nurse friend even commented on how she couldn't believe I didn't grow up with them because I seemed so natural! :) This was one of my highlights of this summer! I think it's important to get out and do something when you have the chance!

Comments